Since 2017, Top Dutch Solar Racing has been striving to accelerate the energy transition by contributing to a sustainable future by engineering and building solar cars.
We are a multidisciplinary solar racing team from the North of the Netherlands, connected to the University of Groningen, Hanzehogeschool, Noorderpoort, Alfa-college and ROC Friese Poort.
We pioneer in new technologies and engineer to the extremes to build the world's most efficient and reliable solar-powered car. We battle against top-teams during solar challenges worldwide. Our main race will be the Bridgestone World Solar Challenge (BWSC) in 2023.
We are looking for a technical manager who is incredibly motivated and passionate about managing the technical side of the project to build a world-class solar car. Top Dutch Solar Racing has a network of alumni who are eager to welcome the newest generation of TDSR team members. Together with a multidisciplinary team, you will be working fulltime to achieve the goal of engineering, building and racing with your own solar car. This is an incredible experience of 1.5 years, during which you make the unimaginable a reality!
So what would your tasks as a technical manager be?
As the technical manager, you are responsible for making sure that all deadlines are met within the technical side of the project. Together with the technical team, you set-up plannings, deadlines and facilitate meetings to make sure that the team can build the world's most efficient solar car.
Together with coaching from experienced people, you will implement an agile workflow within the technical team. With the organization team, you make sure that all processes of the technical team are aligned with the rest of the team.
- Good at planning and getting an overview
- Eager to learn
- A team player
- Knowledge about project management systems
- Experienced as a project manager (is a pré)
- Experienced in project management software (is a pré)
- (Proficient in English)
- A spot in an incredibly motivated and multidisciplinary team
- An open and transparent work environment which appreciates your creative input and feedback
- Real-life implementation of your ideas
- Innovate with the newest technologies available to speed up sustainable innovations
- One and a half months in Australia*
- Participation in Solar Challenges, including the Bridgestone World Solar Challenge Australia 2023*
* The Bridgestone World Solar Challenge 2021 was cancelled due to COVID-19. We cannot offer the certainty that the 2023 edition will go through or whether the goal is to participate in the 2023 edition.
Participation in the team requires a full-time commitment for this project. The whole project takes around 1.5 years, during which you are not able to take courses. However, minors, internships, and graduation assignments are possible to complete as part of the project.
Do you dare to make decisions based on many different interests and information? Are you able to look ahead and anticipate the future? Do you provide an overview and do you know how to communicate this to others? Then you are suitable for this position!
Send an email with your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com before the 11th of March.