Since 2017, Top Dutch Solar Racing has been striving to accelerate the energy transition and contribute to a sustainable future.
We are a multidisciplinary team from the north of the Netherlands, connected to the University of Groningen, Hanze University of Applied Sciences and Noorderpoort College. Our team consists of 25 motivated students from different fields of expertise, creating a unique mix of people, knowledge and skills.
By means of pioneering technologies, and partnerships with national and international partners, we are building a reliable and safe solar-powered car with which we are going to represent the North of Netherlands at the Bridgestone World Solar Challenge (BWSC) in 2021 and promote sustainability all around the world!
Many different technologies, designs and parts come together in a solar car. As a member of the management team, you ensure that the team has everything to perform optimally. Together with the team and project manager, you monitor the main pillars of the project.
As a technical manager you are responsible for facilitating the entire technical process and ensuring that there is an integral design. You ensure that the mechanics team coordinates everything with the electronics team and vice versa. You keep an eye on the tight schedule to maintain the technical progress and ensure that everyone knows and adheres to it.
- Technically skilled
- A team worker
- A good listener
- A leader
- Keep an overview
- Map out and anticipate to risks
- Be critical and articulate this well
Having experience in projectmanagement is a must.
What can we offer you?
- Working in a motivated, multidisciplinary team
- An open environment in which your creative input and feedback is valued and used
- Real life implementation of your ideas and created content
- The possibility to do the project as your minor or internship
- A challenging yet fun work environment
- Contributing to global sustainable development in an innovative, technological manner
- A month and a half in Australia
- Participation in the world championship for solar cars (Bridgestone World Solar Challenge 2021)
Do you dare to make decisions based on many different interests and information? Are you able to look ahead and anticipate the future? Do you provide an overview and do you know how to communicate this to others? Then you are suitable for this position! Having experience in projectmanagement is a must for this role!
Are you the enthusiastic person we are looking for? Send an email with your resume and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* It is a full-time position that runs until the end of 2021, with a possible extension until the beginning of 2022. There are possibilities, in consultation, to combine the project with an internship or minor. It is a voluntary function, but we do pay for the trip to Australia and the entire race.