Since 2017, Top Dutch Solar Racing has been striving to accelerate the energy transition by contributing to a sustainable future by engineering and building solar cars.
We are a multidisciplinary solar racing team from the North of the Netherlands, connected to the University of Groningen, Hanzehogeschool, Noorderpoort, Alfa-college and ROC Friese Poort.
We pioneer in new technologies and engineer to the extremes to build the world's most efficient and reliable solar-powered car. We battle against top-teams during solar challenges worldwide. Our main race will be the Bridgestone World Solar Challenge (BWSC) in 2023.
We are looking for a structural engineer who is incredibly motivated and passionate about designing a strong and safe design for our new solar car. Top Dutch Solar Racing has a network of alumni who are eager to welcome the newest generation of TDSR team members. Together with a multidisciplinary team, you will be working fulltime to achieve the goal of engineering, building and racing with your own solar car. This is an incredible experience of 1.5 years, during which you make the unimaginable a reality!
So what would your tasks as a structural engineer be?
As a structural engineer, you will be responsible for making sure that our next solar car will be a strong and safe solar vehicle. Together with the rest of the technical team, you will design the internal structure of the solar car. This includes the process of determining all dynamic forces and loads which will act on the vehicle.
With the use of CAD and software to simulate composites software, you will be confident in realizing your final designs. During the production process, you will be responsible for making the actual structures for the solar car.
- Eager to learn new skill sets and software packages
- Practical and not afraid of challenges
- A team player
- Proficient in CAD software
- Experienced in Ansys (is a pré)
- (Proficient in English)
- A spot in an incredibly motivated and multidisciplinary team
- An open and transparent work environment which appreciates your creative input and feedback
- Real-life implementation of your ideas
- Innovate with the newest technologies available to speed up sustainable innovations
- One and a half months in Australia*
- Participation in Solar Challenges, including the Bridgestone World Solar Challenge Australia 2023*
* The Bridgestone World Solar Challenge 2021 was cancelled due to COVID-19. We cannot offer the certainty that the 2023 edition will go through or whether the goal is to participate in the 2023 edition.
Participation in the team requires a full-time commitment for this project. The whole project takes around 1.5 years, during which you are not able to take courses. However, minors, internships, and graduation assignments are possible to complete as part of the project.
Do you have a passion for mechanics? Are you a real go-getter and don't mind working hard? Do you want to help build Top Dutch Solar Racing's next solar car from the North of the Netherlands? Then you are a good fit in our mechanics team!
Send an email with your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com before the 11th of March.