Since 2017, Top Dutch Solar Racing has been striving to accelerate the energy transition by contributing to a sustainable future by engineering and building solar cars.
We are a multidisciplinary solar racing team from the North of the Netherlands, connected to the University of Groningen, Hanzehogeschool, Noorderpoort, Alfa-college and ROC Friese Poort.
We pioneer in new technologies and engineer to the extremes to build the world's most efficient and reliable solar-powered car. We battle against top-teams during solar challenges worldwide. Our main race will be the Bridgestone World Solar Challenge (BWSC) in 2023.
We are looking for a strategist who is incredibly motivated and passionate to take on the challenge to create the best possible strategy model for the upcoming solar challenges. Top Dutch Solar Racing has a network of alumni who are eager to welcome the newest generation of TDSR team members. Together with a multidisciplinary team, you will be working fulltime to achieve the goal of engineering, building and racing with your own solar car. This is an incredible experience of 1.5 years, during which you make the unimaginable a reality!So what would your tasks as a software engineer be?
So what would your tasks as a strategist be?
As a strategist, you decide how the solar car will be driven. You will predict and maximise the car’s performance during the race using computer models based on many sources of data, for example the weather, the route or the car itself. You will work on collecting and analysing this data, optimising the computer models and building systems to collect live data during the race, which must be processed efficiently to give you the information you need, when you need it.
In addition, you will be assisting other technical departments such as the aerodynamics team and the software team.
- Eager to learn
- A team player
- Passionate about programming, data science, signal processing and data visualisation
- Experienced in programming in C / Python / Matlab / IT Networks (is a pré)
- (Proficient in English)
- A spot in an incredibly motivated and multidisciplinary team
- An open and transparent work environment which appreciates your creative input and feedback
- Real-life implementation of your ideas
- Innovate with the newest technologies available to speed up sustainable innovations
- One and a half months in Australia*
- Participation in Solar Challenges, including the Bridgestone World Solar Challenge Australia 2023*
* The Bridgestone World Solar Challenge 2021 was cancelled due to COVID-19. We cannot offer the certainty that the 2023 edition will go through or whether the goal is to participate in the 2023 edition.
Participation in the team requires a full-time commitment for this project. The whole project takes around 1.5 years, during which you are not able to take courses. However, minors, internships, and graduation assignments are possible to complete as part of the project.
Are you that enthusiastic team member that we are looking for? Send an email with your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com before the 11th of March.