Media & PR
Since 2017, Top Dutch Solar Racing has been striving to accelerate the energy transition by contributing to a sustainable future by engineering and building solar cars.
We are a multidisciplinary solar racing team from the North of the Netherlands, connected to the University of Groningen, Hanzehogeschool, Noorderpoort, Alfa-college and ROC Friese Poort.
We pioneer in new technologies and engineer to the extremes to build the world's most efficient and reliable solar-powered car. We battle against top-teams during solar challenges worldwide. Our main race will be the Bridgestone World Solar Challenge (BWSC) in 2023.
We are looking for a media & PR officer who is incredibly motivated and passionate about representing Top Dutch Solar Racing during media and press moments. Top Dutch Solar Racing has a network of alumni who are eager to welcome the newest generation of TDSR team members. Together with a multidisciplinary team, you will be working fulltime to achieve the goal of engineering, building and racing with your own solar car. This is an incredible experience of 1.5 years, during which you make the unimaginable a reality!
So what would your tasks as media & PR officer be?
As a media & PR officer, you ensure that everyone knows about Top Dutch Solar Racing in the media landscape. Together with the communication team, you work on a concise and consistent brand image towards our followers, partners, and press. Your creative mindset and independent work attitude enable you to create and execute concepts for press releases, media briefs and interviews with national and international media outlets. You also represent the team during media interviews and stay in touch with journalists to share our story.
- Eager to learn
- A team player
- Outgoing and social
- Comfortable in front of a camera
- Passionate about copywriting and media relations
- (Proficient in English)
- A spot in an incredibly motivated and multidisciplinary team
- An open and transparent work environment which appreciates your creative input and feedback
- Real-life implementation of your ideas
- Innovate with the newest technologies available to speed up sustainable innovations
- One and a half months in Australia*
- Participation in Solar Challenges, including the Bridgestone World Solar Challenge Australia 2023*
* The Bridgestone World Solar Challenge 2021 was cancelled due to COVID-19. We cannot offer the certainty that the 2023 edition will go through or whether the goal is to participate in the 2023 edition.
Participation in the team requires a full-time commitment for this project. The whole project takes around 1.5 years, during which you are not able to take courses. However, minors, internships, and graduation assignments are possible to complete as part of the project.
Are you that enthusiastic team member we are looking for? Send an email with your CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 11th of March.